The men’s and women’s world cups are so exciting because they are only every four years. Throw a perfect world cup party to celebrate the games and support your team(s). While everyone is different in their time, decorating styles and preferences here are a few things I’ve learned about the list of DO’s & DONT’S for a perfect world cup party.
5 things to DO:
1) Make plans & record big games
Do not schedule work on the day and time of the game. [cough! cough!]
Make sure to let others know when the game will be and that you’re on for your house.
My wife really helps me out with this to remind me of games and making sure their is DVR space and eliminate in advance any other recording starts that may interfere with the game(s).
Let others know what you’re serving and that if’ you’re watching a delayed version of the game [*sigh* I DO understand some of you cannot get off of work in time for the game] to please DO NOT let you hear about the game, big plays, or goals.
You have to really be careful and stay on your toes to communicate to people around you, that you don’t want to hear the scores or news.
2) World cup party foods to make or buy
Get outside of your comfort zone and either cook or buy the foods from the countries in the WC final.
- Make a cake with the country flags
- Buy drinks from different nations
- Mark your cup with the country you want to win
Trying foods from the specific nations in the final make for a great atmosphere. It’s memorable and you might find you love something new.
3) Trivia games during world cup party
Have a fun trivia competition at your world cup part…
10 Trivia Questions:
- When was the first World cup 
- Which country has one the most World Cups [Brazil with 5]
- How often is the world cup? [every 4 years]
- Which football league had the most footballers at the 2018 World Cup? [English Premier League]
- Which city has hosted the most World Cup matches? [Mexico City]
- What was the year when Pelé won the award for the World Cup best player? 
- Where did the 1994 World Cup take place? [USA]
- Which nation in terms of population is the smallest one that has won the World Cup trophy? [Uruguay]
- When was the first time France won the World Cup? 
- Which player has played a record of 21 World Cup matches for Argentina? [Diego Maradona]
4) Invite friends from other countries
Did you know that the 2018 WC had 3.5 billion viewers worldwide watching the final? This trumps every other sports final by a lot!
Invite your friends and more friends to watch a game!
If you can, invite people from other countries because it’s a lot of fun to have a diverse crowd, especially for the world cup.
When my wife and I were living in Los Angeles, CA we were invited to a pretty perfect world cup party. There were tons of Italians there rooting on Italy who ended up beating France.
That’s when the best player at the time, Zidane head butted the guy in the chest and was red carded.
BTW I was the only one rooting for France that day, so I didn’t really make too many friends that day ha-ha. 8 years earlier I had watched Zidane & France in the World Cup 1998 light it up and that really sparked something in me.
5) Use Pinterest
*BIG SIGH.* My wife gave me this idea – use Pinterest for party ideas such as food and decorations. She really liked the idea of team members’ portraits around the room?
Pinterest and other media platforms do really have great ideas for almost everything in life. Using peoples clever tips and ideas give us more options.
2 DONT’S: [Now for the 2 big NO-NO’s]
Don’t work on days your country is playing
There is something about rooting for your nation… People who don’t even keep up with futbol will be cheering on their country like they are big football/soccer fans.
I often pull for the CONCACAF teams, but I love to watch the top teams like Brazil, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Argentina, Portugal, England playing each other.
It all depends on your job and schedule, but if you can try to take off on the important games at least.
Don’t fill out one of those brackets
If you do brackets successfully in the WORLD CUP then you belong in Vegas, because there is absolutely no way to pre-determine outcomes in football/futbol/soccer.
Especially the world cup, because once a team gets out of their group they have to deal with injuries or suspensions from too many cards.
I think once you get 2 yellow cards in the tournament, you have to sit out the next game. So if the best player gets a yellow card in the first game and the 3rd game, then they will miss the Round of 16.
The depth of each team is very important in the world cup.
Have fun creating your own party and tailor it to your specific style and taste but most of all Enjoy the Games!
Our Most Popular Posts:
- 3 ways to strike the ball with power
- How to boost confidence in soccer
- 8 best 1st- touch drills
- Expert dribbling tips
- Goal side defending
Follow @GFTskills on Social Media