HEEEYYYYY – This is a lawyer-mandated note to say we are GDPR compliant. By using this site, you’re making an agreement between two parties – you and us. Not like the cool parties 🎉 🎉 you threw in high school – but still, cool people are up in here.
We’re here to play soccer! ⚽ Not sell your info. You’re free to unsubscribe anytime. We send emails to let you know about soccer training, soccer and life, soccer and sales…you get the point. We would never sell your data (#soFIFA2015) – we don’t even know how to do that! We know it’s not fancy footwork but it’s the way we’ve always done business and how we’ll always do business.
Follow the Golden Rule 📏, treat others how you want to be treated.
No matter why you’re here, you’ll find that we treat you with respect 🤝 , hang out & talk soccer, respect one another’s opinions & help one another through hard times💲😭💔🤕.
Now – here’s the stuff our lawyer said we HAD to say ⬇
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
Some of the information we collect through this Site may be “personal information”—information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Other information may be nonpersonally identifiable, such as information collected by cookies.
By using this Site, you are consenting to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information as described in this Policy (and any Privacy Notices that apply to you). If you do not consent to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of your information as described in this Policy (and any Privacy Notices that apply to you), you may not use this Site. If you have questions about this Policy, or any Privacy Notice, please contact us using the information provided below.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Policy describes some of your choices, such as your choice to opt out of receiving “cookies.” We may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information.
You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists, please contact us using the information provided below.
The Site must collect some information from you (“Identifier Information”) to allow you to use and access services, products and materials. Identifier information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier.
Types of Information
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase an item
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information
What do we use it for?
Generally, we use the information we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable Privacy Notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
- for good faith compliance with the law, a court order or a subpoena.
How long is information retained?
We generally retain your information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law.
How is information collected?
- Information You Manually Provide. The Site collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use this Site, for example, we collect the information you provide when you request service, send us questions, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal information, such as your name and contact information.
- Information from your browser or device. The Site collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. We use “cookies” and other technologies to collect information and support certain features of this Site.
- Cookies (a) Collect data about the way you interact with our Site (e.g., when you use certain features or upload attachments); (b) Collect data to assess and improve our advertising campaigns; (c) Allow our business partners (including third-parties) to use these tracking technologies to track your behavior on our behalf on our Site (including when you use multiple devices) and on partner websites; (d) Enable third-parties to collect data about the way you interact across sites outside of our Site; and (e) Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users. You can manage your cookie’s data through your web browser’s settings.
- Web beacons or pixels:These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, these are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets:These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties.
- UTM Source codes:These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator,” which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
Keep in mind, we do not sell, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- know what personal information and data we maintain about you
- request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- request update to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- request we cease our processing of your personal information and data
- request us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
In order to exercise any of these rights within this Policy, please contact the Data Protection officer listed in this Policy.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. At this time, we do not have a DNT signal policy. Until further privacy regulations and guidelines are published, we will adhere to this policy.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
In addition to the cookie we deliver to your computer or mobile device through this Site, certain third-parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Sites.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on this Site or on other websites.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Typeform – this service is used to administer reader surveys or collect information from potential advertisers. TypeForm may capture your name and email address.
- Drip– this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Thinkific – this service is used to process payments for online courses and to deliver the coursework to you.
- WooCommerce with Stripe – this service is used to process payments for training. WooCommerce may capture your name, email address, and IP address.
- WordPress – this service is used to publish our blog. If you choose to leave a comment on a blog post, your name, email address, and IP address is stored on the website. This is to prevent bots and spammers from abusing this function.
- Facebook – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as parties interested in Facebook ad content. Facebook may capture your IP address, email address and name.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Analytics records are kept for a year, and customer purchase records for ten years.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
We take a number of steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at jeremie [at] gftskills [dot] com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to jeremie [at] gftskills [dot] com.
Amend – You may contact us at jeremie [at] gftskills [dot] com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to jeremie [at] gftskills [dot] com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Opting Out of Communications
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you have received.
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records. Except where provided by law, only parents or legal guardians of children under the age of 16 may provide information on children under the age of 16.
We make every attempt to keep your Personal Information secure, but we realize that no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee absolute security. By using this Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Your personal data is captured when you submits a contact form. This submission is used for customer service purposes, including newsletter subscription, but the information submitted through the form is not used for marketing purposes.
The Site may display personal testimonials of yours from time to time received via email or as otherwise received from you by the Site. If you would like the Site to remove your testimonial or customer review at any time, please simply contact us at the information included within this Policy, and we will promptly do so.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore whether or not to disclose information sought by such surveys or contests. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
This Policy shall be governed under the laws of the Texas, United States of America without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
Data Protection Inquiries
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our notice or if you believe our notice or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you can file a complaint with our Data Protection Officer listed below and we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue(s). Records will be kept of any requests.
Please contact our Privacy Department with any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice. Please mark your questions or concerns; ATTN Data Protection Officer.
PO Box 270206 Flower Mound, TX 75027
***updates after May 4, 2018 reflect GDPR compliance.